Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthday stuff

Wow, I hadn't realized how long it had been since my last post. Well, I have a few new and fun birthday ideas. I got a Silhouette machine for Christmas, and I have had lots of fun with it. Here is some of the fun things I have made.

My nephew L is turning 4 soon. He is having a Knight and Princess party, and we needed fun invitations. I thought about these knightly flags when I saw the flag images (that come with the machine). I made the dragons (downloaded it into the Silhouette program, traced and cleaned it up a bit). We printed off the party info, written in a knightly language of course, distressed them a bit and glued it to the back.
We then just used double sided tape to stick the small dowel rods on. I think they turned out pretty cute. To top it all off, they only cost a few $ to make and about 1 hour of time (it took us a bit longer due to little "helpers").
Here is a picture from my baby's first birthday (wipe a tear). He had a really fun cookies and milk party. I used my machine to cut out all the signs for the cookies, the ballon tags (circle with #1 inside) and the 3-D stars. The stars were really fun and easy to make. I made a star on my Silhouette program and then added perforated lines so it would fold in and out easily, making the star pop out.
I also made a couple of birthday banners that hung on the mantle and doorway. It was very inexpensive and I think it gave the party a fun touch.

Well, there you have it. Even moms get to have fun playing with their new toys. If you have a Silhouette and would like any of the images I made, just let me know. It is always better to share the love.

Happy Crafting.

No comments: